At Bayshore Christian School, we take pride in our armed forces and the fact that many of our local military families choose our school for their children. With a campus in South Tampa in close proximity to MacDill Air Force Base, BCS is convenient for families living on or near the base.
In addition, our school serves families with children two years old through 12th grade, making it a "one stop shop" for military families with children in different divisions.
What can Bayshore Christian School offer your family?
1. COMMUNITY. Military families move often and are in need of a strong support group when PCSing to a new area. BCS supports strong partnerships between families. We have a parent group called the PTFW (Parents, Teachers, Faith Warriors) that is actively involved in campus activities. Plus, all you need to do is ask, and we'll make sure you are introduced to other families that can help support you during your transition to the Tampa Bay area!
2. FINANCIAL SUPPORT in joining our independent, tuition-based school. Did you know that the State of Florida recently added the Family Empowerment Scholarship, which can help active duty military members afford private school for the K - 12 student? This is a brand new scholarship and you can apply for it here. Here are some details:
- Military families may qualify regardless of income.
- If you are unable to apply online, please call Step Up For Students at 1-877-735-7837.
- From their website: "If the student is a dependent child of an active duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces, the student may qualify, regardless of income. This only includes active-duty members of the United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy and Space Force."
BCS also provides financial aid for families who qualify by income (K - 12 only). You can apply for our school's financial aid program on this page of our website. For preschool families or families who choose not to apply for the scholarship through the state, BCS offers a 20% active duty military tuition discount.
3. ROLLING ADMISSIONS. Military families receive PCS orders at different times during the year. For that reason, our school has rolling admissions. Applications are open year-round and you can learn more about the admissions process here. The entire process is digital, so families moving from outside the Tampa Bay area can complete the process with ease.
4. VIRTUAL ADMISSIONS EVENTS. If you are located outside of the Tampa Bay area (or even outside the United States!), learning about schools can be difficult. We hold virtual admissions events so military families can learn more about our school. Visit this page to learn more about the virtual events and video resources we can offer you.
5. EXTENDED CARE FROM 7AM to 6PM. In addition to the school day, which is approximately 8:00 am until 3:00 pm (depending on your child's grade), BCS offers before and after school care for an additional fee. As you are planning your move, please inquire about our programs to make sure they fit your needs and work schedule.