Bayshore Christian School is an accredited, independent, non-denominational Christian School in South Tampa, Florida near Bayshore Blvd.
At Bayshore, we serve students from 2 years old through 12th grade from all over the Tampa Bay area, and have been doing so since 1971. Our campus on South MacDill Avenue is conveniently located just off the Selmon Expressway.
But here’s what you really want to know…
When we surveyed our families recently, there were 3 things that they loved most about coming to Bayshore Christian School (BCS):
1. Christian Values
2. Small Class Sizes
3. Academic Excellence
Values and a Christian Education
Many of our students attend BCS because their parents recognize the impact of a Christian education. They seek out reinforcement of the values they’re taught at home and church—a worldview that matches their life in Christ surrounded by teachers and staff that support their faith.
As a Christian school in Tampa, FL, we understand that and it is reflected in our Bible verse for the 2020-2021 school year: “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12.
Those values are supported in study and in service opportunities and reflected in what we teach in every class.
Students thrive in an environment that reinforces their beliefs.
Small Class Sizes
Every teacher knows every student's name.
And more importantly, every teacher CARES about every student in their classroom.
That’s just as important for our high school students as it is for our 2 year olds.
Even the research arm of the US Department of Education admits that small class sizes work, but this isn’t something you find in many schools in Tampa, FL. Here are some highlights from their research that we also find to be true for BCS:
- Students who are assigned to smaller classes in the early grades do better in every way that can be measured: they score higher on tests, receive better grades, and exhibit improved attendance.
- Smaller classes enhance the development of “non-cognitive” skills not captured by tests, like persistence, motivation and self-esteem, which are also linked to success in school and in life.
- Students who experience smaller class sizes have significantly lower drop-out rates, higher grades, and receive better results on their college entrance exams.
- The only objective factor that correlated with higher test scores was class size, and the gains in the upper grades associated with smaller classes surpassed the gains from smaller classes in the lower grades
Of course, Bayshore Christian School is an accredited school with rigorous academic standards. Our faculty and staff stay current with educational practices while staying true to our mission – and the results are an outstanding record of academic achievement!
We are accredited through the following organizations:
• Florida Council of Independent Schools
• Florida Kindergarten Council
• AdvancED through Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
That achievement includes our graduates being accepted in some of the best colleges and universities in the country. During our most recent College Signing Day, our students were accepted to schools like the University of South Florida, University of Tampa, William and Mary, and more.
While our college preparatory program and dual enrollment are extremely important to many of our families, it’s not the only reason we strive for academic excellence at BCS.
Successful students of any age simply FEEL better when they DO better.
Students that have struggled at public schools or other private schools in South Tampa and do better at Bayshore Christian School benefit from that momentum for the rest of their lives. They carry this success with them into the future.