Guidance and Counseling
At Bayshore Christian School, our small environment is an advantage for the students as they prepare for college. We take the time to focus on each student’s individual goals and work closely with families to ensure students know which important steps to take towards college.
We offer our students the option of participating in demanding advanced placement and dual enrollment courses or to complete high school at an average pace. Students have the opportunity to attend dual enrollment classes right on our campus during the regular school day. Our goal is to optimally position students of varying ability levels to take advantage of opportunities afforded to them after high school.
For information on scholarship opportunities and a list of the colleges and universities Bayshore students have entered, visit our Scholarships and Matriculation page.
Please feel free to contact Christina Stenholm, Guidance Counselor, at any time.
Senior Parents Update
Now is the best time to apply for college. Most schools want the application completed before November 1. Even if a college has rolling admissions, please apply early. The longer you wait the more difficult it is to be admitted, since the school tends to fill their class and become more selective. An application can take a few days to complete. Make sure that a student has their high school transcript to refer to when filling out the application. HCC students will need to request a transcript from HCC and have it mailed to the college they are applying to.
The PSAT 8/9 and the PSAT/NMSQT were given on October 19. The results were mailed to parents the week of January 6. Please contact the office if you did not receive your child's test scores.
PSAT and SAT Test Practice
Free test practice for the PSAT and SAT is available online through a partnership of the College Board, publishers of the SAT, and Khan Academy. Check it out at the Khan Academy website. After taking the PSAT in October, students may link their results to the Khan Academy website and get a personalized study plan for improving their SAT score.
The redesigned SAT college entrance exam replaced the current SAT in March of 2016. For a detailed outline of the major changes, please view the flyer.
Terra Nova testing for grades K-5 through 8th will be April 3-7. Please make sure your child is present on these dates.
2017 AP Exam Schedule
- Monday, May 1 at 8:00 a.m. - AP Environmental Science
- Monday, May 1 at 2:00 p.m. - AP Psychology
- Wednesday, May 3 at 8:00 a.m. - AP English Literature and Composition
- Wednesday, May 10 at 8:00 a.m. - AP English Language and Composition
- Thursday, May 11 at 8:00 a.m. - AP World History
- Friday, May 12 at 8:00 a.m. - AP Human Geography
- The student must be a high school student.
- The student must have a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The test scores necessary for HCC dual enrollment have changed because of the new SAT. You can find the test score information on the HCC Dual Enrollment webpage under FAQs.
We require an application for admissions to be on file before students can take the PERT. You may contact the office for testing at HCC at (813) 253.7393.
Students who satisfy course requirements receive three college credits for each course.
Dual enrollment course offerings vary from semester to semester. For a complete list of dual enrollment classes offered in the current or upcoming school year, please contact our guidance office. For additional information, please visit the Hillsborough Community College website.
- Grade point average must be at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- For honors classes we add .04 to the GPA if the student has a C grade or higher in the class.
- For AP and dual-enrollment classes we add .08 to the GPA if the student has a C grade or higher in the class.
- Students also need one Florida Virtual School class in order to graduate.
Senior Course Numbers
Please use the information below if you are a senior completing your college application.